Region 13 ESC will be hosting the second Sheltered Instruction Conference on June 9, 2016! This conference will be a platform for elementary and secondary educators to learn more about strategies that meet the needs of English Language Learners (ELLs). The application is now available for interested presenters to submit a proposal.
We are accepting a variety of proposals that focus on best practices for ELLs. Sessions may focus on, but are not limited to:
– Engaging Student Interaction
– Academic Vocabulary
– Literacy in the Content Classroom
– Working with Beginners/Newcomers
– Differentiated Instruction
– Activating Background/Prior Knowledge
– Linguistic Accommodations for ELLs
– Structured Reading/Writing/Speaking Activities
To apply to be a Sheltered Instruction Conference presenter for 2016, please complete the application linked here.
If you have any questions, please contact Anna Briggs at firstname.lastname@example.org