Want to get your parents more involved in reading? Check out these free brochures that cover a variety of topics in both English and Spanish (some in Russian too!) to help guide your parents while working with their kids at home.
Some options are:
- Ten Facts Parents Should Know About Reading
- Thirty DO’S to Remember When Reading Aloud
- Fathers, Sons, & Reading
- Questions Parents Always Ask About Reading Aloud
Have we piqued your interest? Click on the link to see other titles and print brochures.
Check out the website Rewordify.com! The website will scan a piece of text and simplify the more difficult language to improve a student’s access to the content. You can choose from several different levels and ways you would like it to be viewed by a student.
It works with…
- Original texts
- Classic Literature (links already provided)
Materials can be…
- Printed out at various levels
- Links to simplified texts can be shared
- Teach students to use it to read websites of their choice
- Creates vocabulary lists, quizzes, flashcards, cloze activities, and more!
It’s free! No username or password needed. The teacher page is full of ideas and information.