TEA is preparing to award Texas Virtual Schools Network grant funding to rural schools who
- are experiencing a staffing shortage and are unable to assign a teacher to a course or courses needed for students to meet graduation requirements
- are experiencing scheduling difficulties and are unable to meet the individual needs of students by scheduling them into a course or courses needed to meet graduation requirements
- do not have resources to offer courses locally and wish to
- expand course offerings and endorsement options;
- provide additional Advanced Placement® (AP®) and dual credit options;
- provide additional accelerated instruction options; and/or
- provide additional credit recovery options.
For more information about timelines and eligibility for TXVSN grants please see the TAA Correspondence issued by TEA on March 15, 2017.