A few ideas for bringing the school year to an end and setting the foundation for a smooth transition:
1. Create a classroom book entitled “Hello Kindergarten”
– include pictures of the Kinder teachers, classroom, or playground
– send copies home with a note to parents suggesting they review the book before the start of next school year
2. Take a tour of the Kinder classrooms
– have Prek students pair up with a Kinder buddy
3. Tour the Special Area classrooms
– where is PE, Music, and Art? What is different about it when you are in Kindergarten?
4. Summer Care Packages
-think about sending items home that you can collect, such as slightly damaged books, crayons, markers, gently used journals, play dough, and more!
5. Favorite Classroom Tunes
– consider creating a CD of the class’ favorite music to send home with each student