Strong family engagement in early childhood programs is central to promoting children’s healthy, intellectual, physical, and social-emotional development; preparing children for school; and supporting academic achievement in elementary school and beyond.
One way to promote strong family engagement is to equip families with tools to enhance and extend their child’s learning. These Parent Guides have been created to help families understand some of the things their child will learn each school year. These resource documents have been developed for Prekindergarten 3, Prekindergarten 4, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, and 2nd Grade and may be distributed to families at various times during the school year, including:
- Beginning of the school year and/or back-to-school events
- Family conferences and/or home visits
- When a new child enrolls in your class
- End of the school year in preparation for the following year
- Family engagement events and activities
Use these documents to spark conversations and increase families’ knowledge on how they can support their child at home.
The Parent Guides can be found here: https://tea.texas.gov/interiorpage.aspx?id=51539612999 (right hand column)