Many of us were able to escape Austin’s record breaking heatwave by attending the first annual Inclusion Institute for Secondary Educators at Education Service Center Region XIII on June 22, 2011. We appreciate the contributions that all of our speakers made to making this day a great success especially Dr. Lisa Dieker and Dr. Kelly Grillo from the University of Central Florida. Their personal experiences and expertise in serving all students at the secondary level made an impact on all participants. Below are links and documents graciously shared by some of our speakers.
- Keynote: Dr. Dieker’s Favorite Websites
- Tighten, Dazzle, Flow: What Every Educator Should Know by Kelly Grillo
- Accessible Books for Texas Students by Deenie Gross, Bookshare
- STAARtingly Cool Technology Tools for ALL Learners by Nichole Kertis
- Inclusion Strategies that Prevent Students from Falling Through the Cracks by M. Wetzel & K. Pritchett
- Facilitating Brain-Based Student-Directed Learning in the Inclusion Classroom by M. Hackstall & L. Kelley
Mark your calendar for June 18 & 19, 2012 for the expanded version of the Inclusion Institute for Secondary Educators.
If you have questions regarding the 2011 or the 2012 institutes, do not hesitate to contact me.
Cathy Miller 512-919-5160 firstname.lastname@example.org