Region 13 is happy to announce that our Supplemental Aids project is again open for submissions. Teachers whose students benefit from the “Supplemental Aids” accommodation may have questions about whether their documents are allowable according to TEA guidelines. They may upload those documents for timely review here:
Region 13 specialists will review the documents and will also periodically post helpful examples on our site.
Accessing the General Curriculum in Social Studies: Inclusion in the Age of STAAR
Register at eCampus SP1325858
In this workshop we will:
- · Develop instructional strategies for teachers in inclusive Social Studies classrooms
- · Analyze STAAR-M questions for modification strategies
- · Study accommodations available to students with disabilities on Social Studies assessments
- · Engage in brain based strategies and learn how to apply them in the classroom so all students can better retain and apply information
Tuesday, March 19
Region 13 ESC
5701 Springdale Road
Austin, TX 78723
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us.
Interested in inclusion workshops in other contact areas? Click HERE: http://www5.esc13.net/thescoop/special/files/2013/01/AGC-content-flyer.pdf
Special Education Specialist
Subscribe to get updates!
Save the Date:
June 14, 2013
Inclusion Institute 2013: Deeper Learning
On February 4th, Region 13 will be offering the Spring 2013 Early Childhood Outcomes, SPP 7, training. This state mandated training is free! All Early Childhood teachers should be trained, as well as all other member of the ECO team. Register now at
On February 7th, join us to learn how to access the general education curriculum for your preschoolers receiving special education services. Class fee is $40 and includes an Alignment Book and a full set of Classroom Center posters in either English or Spanish. Register now at
Region 13 Education Specialists are teaming up to provide you with content area specific special education training.
This training will provide you with a comparison of STAAR and STAAR Modified, how to modify assessments to align with STAAR Modified, allowable accommodations on STAAR, and using accommodations in the classroom.
This training is for general and special education teachers 3rd through 12th grade.
Register today on E-campus
Click to download flyer AGC in the Content Areas
ARD committees trying to make appropriate assessment decisions for students with disabilities may be interested in the new Region 13 STAAR Accommodations Decision Guides. They are available for free download HERE or you can purchase printed and bound copies by grade level HERE . Happy deciding!
If you are in need of some professional development to get rejuvenated for the new year, then the following resources will surely help! Even better is they’re free, have a large variety of AT topics, and can be viewed from the comfort of home/office/coffee shop…
- Top 10 Technology-Related Legal Issues in Special Education, Part 1 & 2 (http://www.texasat.net/)
- Accessible Technology Coalition Trainings (http://atcoalition.org/trainings ) of particular note might be:
- Overview of the Accessibility Features of Office 2013
- Bookshare Basics
- Maryland Assistive Technology Network’s Archived Webinar Listing (http://olms.cte.jhu.edu/18869 )
- The Assistive Technology Daily Blog ( http://attraining.org/atdaily/)
Special education teachers working in inclusion classrooms may be interested in STAAR Review Camps for high school (SP1325567) and middle school (SP1325319), as well as the ever-popular AGC in Science course (SP1325564).
All three workshops will be presented by a collaboration of Science and Special Education Specialists.
Visit https://ecampus.esc13.net for more information.