Selecting, Implementing and Evaluating Instructional and Assessment Accommodations
This five-module course is free and available at https://nceo.umn.edu/alabama/login.php. The course is highly interactive and makes use of short videos, quizzes, audio clips, journals, and case studies to engage the learner. Users will need to provide name and email address to create an account. Content includes:
- Thinking About Student Characteristics
- Linking Student Needs to Accommodations Decisions
- Instructional Accommodations
- Assessment Accommodations
- Monitoring and Evaluating
The course was jointly developed by NCEO (National Center on Educational Outcomes) and the Alabama Department of Education. Course content is not state-specific and describes decision-making and implementation processes that are valuable to all teachers of students with disabilities.