TEA has shared their Fall Update: New Features of the STAAR Alternate 2 for 2017-2018!
- Large print student booklets are now available and can be ordered by districts through the enrollment collection process.
- Student booklets will feature limited color images.
- An image card set will come with each standard size student booklet. Cards contain the same images that appear in the student booklet.
- An Exit Survey must be completed upon the submission of all student responses and can be found in the Assessment Management System.
- Medical Exemption Form: Under the section, Specific Medical Condition Eligibility Criteria, the form now states that a student meets the criteria for medical exemption if they are unable to respond to test questions due to a “terminal or degenerative illness.” Previously, students met the criteria if they were unable to answer a test question due to a “chronic illness.”
- In The Test Administrator Manual, under the Medical Exemption score coding section, what previously read, “The student is receiving non-academic homebound services due to medical issues and does not receive academic instruction,” now reads, “The student is unable to receive sufficient or consistent homebound services due to medical issues.”
- Some prerequisite skills have been added to the Curriculum Framework and Vertical Alignment documents.
- The “Confidential Student Report” will now be known as the “STAAR Alternate 2 Student Report Card,” and will include parent resources.
- NEW Enrollment Collection: October 23rd-November 10th, 2017
- October 20th- Essence Statements and Test Blueprints will be posted (projected)
- Last Date for STAAR Alternate 2 Test Administrator Training: March 16, 2018
- Preview Window: March 19-30, 2018
- Assessment Window: April 2-20, 2018
- Verification Window: April 23 & 24, 2018
- Students who transfer/move to a new district AFTER the first day of the STAAR Alternate 2 testing window (April 2nd, 2018) do not have to be tested.
- Region 13 will be presenting two free workshops focusing on STAAR Alternate 2 administration
To learn more about these updates, please join the Accommodation Central Community for a Live Chat on October 31st from 3:30 – 4:00. Visit Accommodation Central to reserve your spot.
For more information, please contact:
Jennifer Russell, Low Incidence Disabilities Education Specialist, 512-919-5206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Darcy Schiller, Autism Education Specialist, 512-919-5224 or email email@example.com