Beat the Heat 2018 is almost here! This summer conference is dedicated to providing professional development to educators, parents, and others who work with children ages 3-21 with significant intellectual and low incidence disabilities. Can’t attend in person? Want to attend in your pajamas? Wish you could see more than one session in the same time slot? Yes, you can…
Education Service Center Region 13 + Online
BTH 2018 WEBSITE
|ATTEND 2 DAYS IN PERSON
Attend any session in person for credit. Also, view any/all of the recorded sessions for a limited time after the event (no credit, for content only).
ATTEND 2 DAYS ONLINE VIA LIVESTREAM
Choose and watch 5 livestreamed sessions for credit. After the event, view the other recorded sessions for a limited time (no credit, for content only).
The following sessions will be available online via Livestream. Every participant will be able to choose and view 5 livestreamed sessions for credit during the live event. The other sessions may be viewed after the event for a limited time* for content only (no credit given).
THURSDAY LIVESTREAM OPTIONS 6/21/18 (pick 1)
- Topic: Linking Behavior Interventions for Young Children to Their Function– Susan Catlett, Ph.D., BCBA-D
- *60 days
- Topic: Alright, Alright, ALL Write: Differentiated Writing Instruction for Students with Significant Disabilities- Janet Sturm, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
- *60 days
- Topic: Taming the Data Monster– Christine Reeve, Ph.D., BCBA-D
- *5 days
FRIDAY LIVESTREAM OPTIONS 6/22/18 (pick 1 for each time slot)
- Keynote: “Changing the Narrative through Opportunity and Raised Expectations”– Liz Plachta and Mark Hublar
- * 60 days
10:15 – 11: 45 AM Sessions
- Topic: Instructional Routine for Achieving Early Counting – Claire Greer, Ph.D. (*60 days)
- Topic: Promoting Comprehending Hands Through Active Learning– Patty Obrzut, OT and Assistant Director of Penrickton Center for Blind Children (*60 days)
12:45 – 2:15 PM Sessions
- Topic: Building Independence Through Structured Work Systems – Christine Reeve, Ph.D., BCBA-D (*5 days)
- Topic: Early Learning & Movement: An Active Learning Perspective – Patty Obrzut, OT and Assistant Director of Penrickton Center for Blind Children (*60 days)
- Topic: Building Cohesive Classroom Teams– Christine Reeve, Ph.D., BCBA-D (*5 days)
- Topic: Let’s Open a Can of Worms: Sexuality and Disabilities– Barbara Hobbs, ESC 16 (*60 days)
Please let me know if you have any questions- email@example.com.