Understanding that when the break is over, educators and students will be that much closer to high stakes testing days, we want to highlight an upcoming workshop designed to bring clarity around the most current STAAR accessibility resources.
When focused on teaching, preparing for and deciding between paper and online STAAR accessibility options can feel overwhelming.
In this interactive workshop you will become familiar with the updated STAAR accessibility policies. You will learn about expanded student eligibility criteria, expanded allowability of technology tools, and how to meet the technology guidelines. Most important, you will learn how to integrate technology into your content area/s that simulates the online accessibility resources, enhances your teaching, and addresses students’ need to routinely and effectively use their supports during instruction.
- Understand the STAAR Accessibility updates
- Explore STAAR Online Practice Tests and the embedded supports
- Discover tech tools that simulate STAAR embedded supports and choose the tech tools that are applicable to your content area and your students
- Practice using instructional/assistive technology tools
- Discuss classroom implementation strategies to ensure students have opportunities to use supports routinely, effectively and independently
- Understand the parameters of the 2018-19 Technology Guidelines and test security processes
- Familiarize yourself with the resources of Accommodation Central
Note: There will be a focus on the following Designated Supports as well as the Calculator and Dictionary Policies:
- Basic Transcribing
- Oral Administration
- Spelling Assistance
- Content and Language Supports
- Calculation Aids
Whether you’re a special or general educator, administrator, or related service provider we hope to see you at one of these dates:
- Jan 22, 2019 registration details here
- Jan 23, 2019 registration details here
- Jan 29, 2019 registration details here
Please contact Nichole.Kertis@esc13.txed.net or 512-919-5246 for any questions.