Beat the Heat 2019 is almost here! This summer conference is dedicated to providing professional development to educators, parents, and others who work with children ages 3-21 with significant intellectual and low incidence disabilities.
Don’t miss out y’all (and it’ll be hard to because we have so many user-friendly registration options). 2019 has another great line up of content from amazing national and statewide presenters! Here’s a peek:
- Anne Meeker, Ph.D. will present “WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE:” Songs and Strategies to Support Young Children with Challenging Behaviors
- Erin Sheldon, M.Ed. will present Inclusive Classroom Strategies, AT, and Peer Supports for Students with Low Incidence Disabilities
- Crystal Bell will present Charting the LifeCourse: Key Principles, Concepts, and Practices
- Barb Hobbs, M.Ed. will present Let’s Open a Can of Worms: Sexuality, Safety, and Disabilities
- Randy Foederer and Vicki Foederer, CAPE will present Getting to the Goals in Adapted Physical Education
- Sara Kitchen and Scott Baltisberger, VI Outreach Specialists @ TSBVI will present Active Learning: Interactions
We hope to see you there! Use this link https://www4.esc13.net/lowincidence/beat-the-heat/ to register. Stay tuned; additional details about breakout sessions, keynote, maker faire, and our finalized schedule will be coming soon.
Questions? Contact: Nichole.Kertis@esc13.txed.net