We are wrapping up the details for Beat the Heat 2016!
Save the dates: June 29- July 1, 2016!
Registration will be available soon.
ESC Region 13’s Beat the Heat is a three-day professional development opportunity for teachers, paraeducators, and others who work with children ages 3-5 and students with significant disabilities ages 6-21.
Beat the Heat 2016 Pre-Conference: Wednesday, June 29, 2016. Back by popular demand, this day provides in-depth learning opportunities at a more advanced level. Participants can choose one of several outstanding full-day sessions.
Beat the Heat 2016: Thursday & Friday, June 30-July 1, 2016. This year we will be offering two exciting keynote speakers, one each morning. Continuing the energy and excitement, the afternoons will be filled with 90 minute breakout sessions. These sessions feature area professionals and ESC staff sharing best practices. Content for the breakout sessions is developed to meet the needs of new and veteran teachers, paraeducators, and others who support students with significant disabilities.
Stay tuned as we lift the lid off this exciting event!
Beat the Heat information is now available in the Region 13 Conference app. Like last year’s app, we have three versions of available. The app features:
- Schedule– From the main schedule select sessions to create your personal schedule (My Schedule)
- Speakers– Browse through our speakers and select sessions provided by your favorites!
- Handouts–Links to the handouts will be found in the session descriptions. At the top of each session description, look for the documents tab. We will be posting handouts as they are received from the presenters.
- Floor Map– Have our floor map in the palm of your hand!
- Twitter– Tweet about Beat the Heat directly through the app. You can use this hashtag: #r13bth. You can also follow us @ESC13IDEA
Versions 1 & 2
ESC Region 13 app is available for iOS and android devices. Visit our app’s landing page for download information and ways to share with your colleagues: https://goo.gl/rlXipW. Once inside our conference app, look for the Beat the Heat Event. Set up a profile and follow your favorite topics and presenters! We look forward to hearing from you!
The Beat the Heat web app is located here: http://bitly.com/r13bth. This is a great option for individuals following the conference on their computer or laptop.